Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sneak attack!

This is my attempt to post on my own family's blog!  Don't expect too much, kind of like a low-budget film, and you'll be surprised!

We went to a great dinner yesterday, put on by one of our neighbor's.  They like waffles, apparently, so they set up about ten tables and 60 chairs in their backyard, invited the neighborhood over, and served waffles to everyone.  Of course our children enjoyed the dinner of almost straight sugar, but more than that, Christi and I enjoyed talking with one of our neighbors that we didn't know very well.  It made us realize that we shouldn't cut ourselves off from our neighbors, that maybe we could at least make new acquaintances, if not new friends.  So, Christi and I are resolved to have our own backyard party and invite neighbors.  I'm sure the kids will love it:  they already get excited about anyone who comes over.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You guys are good, I hate having backyard parties, but we do have some really good friends in the neighborhood!

Patty B. said...

This reminds me of the get-togethers we would have with people in the ward. It was always fun! But, one of the most memorable ones was the pot luck dinner we participated in when half our cul-de-sac neighbors were about to move(including us). For the first time, we got to actually sit down and talk to our neighbors (after living there for 19 years!). It was great!

My ulterior motive for having company over is that it makes me clean the house more thoroughly!