Friday, March 13, 2009

funny kid

     Why is it that it can take months to teach a child to say "Amen", but the first time you say the word "stupid" in front of them, they can repeat it perfectly?  And not just once either.  I was talking about something and said it was stupid (I know, my mistake) and my 18 month old said the word instantly, perfectly...and repititiously, of course.  Oh well...
     Right now Noah is in the stage of repeating everything he hears, although no one would ever know it since he is so quiet around other people most of the time.  I love listening to them learn to sing.  Oh, it melts my heart!  Today's song was "London bridge is falling down" which sung by him is just the words "falling down" sung over and over again and his cute little body bobbing up and down...I love it!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

We've been having problems with the word stupid as well. I'm trying to teach Scott that it's ok to say something is stupid, but not someone (I know, I'm a bad mom). He calls me out when I say stupid at all, which is a good thing, except then I have to go wash my mouth out with soap ;)