Monday, March 9, 2009

adventures in toothpaste

I don't know exactly when it began, but I believe our children have a certain fascination with toothpaste. Through the years it has been found many places outside of the bathroom and outside of our childrens' mouths. Today's adventure in toothpasting took place in the kids' bedroom. They snuck it out of the bathroom when I thought they had taken early morning potty breaks. Yes, I know, I left it out of the medicine cabinet, but honestly, do you think there is much that can stop truly determined kids? Anyway, I went to get them up and dressed and found blue toothpaste smeared on the wall, on a bed, all over the rugs, and of course on the top of the boys' heads! Yay...just what I was hoping for, right? hehe. Our other adventures in toothpaste include painting a sink, painting and end table, and my favorite is filling toys. Yes, the last time we had a toothpaste adventure was right after Christmas. The kids had gotten a hand sized button that you pushed and it was Hallmark's Hoops and Yoyo making wise cracks and being funny. Cool toy...for the short time we had it. Not long after Christmas, the kids popped the batteries out, took it into the bathroom and filled the battery compartment with bright pink toothpaste! I will appreciate their ingenuity later...right? Anyway, never a dull moment!

6 comments:

Brea said...

Oh my goodness Christi, that is too funny! Well I am sure it is not funny at the time! haha anyway, hope you don't mind but I found your blog on Sara Crandalls and had to stop by and say hello! :)

johnbshaw716 said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones. I loved hearing your adventures in toothpaste. Any chance Hannah gets she will come and snag our toothpaste from our bathroom and go around the apartment sucking on it. If I catch her she'll run and hide behind the couch. She loves to eat that stuff!

Sara said...

I am so sorry. That tops the worst mess I have heard of where a friend of mine's kids buttered their couch!

Unknown said...

Oh butter! That would be a nasty one to clean up! Our all time worst is still honey on the couch on our Aug 15, 2007 post.

Jenn said...

Wow, my kids love toothpaste, but mostly just eating it. You seem to have kids who like to smear things (yes, I was thinking of the couch too). Butter would be worse....

Patty B. said...

Kids and toothpaste - there should be a movie about it! I'm glad your kids are normal, as were ours! Can you imagine growing up without ever playing with toothpaste, glue, ice cream, and hair gel?