Friday, March 6, 2009

a new kind of tag

With our kids being quite close in age, there is usually a lot of noise in our house. Jessica and Joshua in particular, are always aruging back and forth, teasing, chasing...all the typical brother/sister relationship stuff. One day recently it was particularly quiet. This is usually when my "mom radar" goes off to tell me that mischief must be afoot! I made my way into the living room to find a game of tag going on and lots of laughter and giggling. Huh? Where is all the shouting and screaming? Then I saw it. One of the kids pushed the other one up against the couch, kissed them on the cheek and said "you're it!" Aaaah...kissing tag! They have a good ole time and Mom likes that it reduces the amount of shouting, screaming, and hitting that their competitive nature usually brings out. I think I owe my thanks to Sleeping Beauty for this one, since I have also heard them say, "No, you can't kiss Mom! She's not sleeping!" Anyway, it is innocent and fun and I am sure they will be back to their regular pushing and shoving soon enough anyway!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That's cute. My kids like that game too. But now the person being kissed is loud and says stop it and the "kisser" thinks it is funny and keeps trying to kiss the person who so loudly is protesting. Atleast your kids are giggling and quiet about it!

Patty B. said...

How funny! I'll bet that WAS a surprise seeing them playing relatively quietly. This is one of those Mom picture moments you want to engrave in your memory to bring up at those times things aren't going so well!

Jenn said...

Man, I wish my kids would do that!