Saturday, September 6, 2008

pajama party

I almost forgot! Last night I had a pajama party with the kids...so fun! It started out that I just wanted to get the kids ready for bed when I noticed it was still a little early. So in order to get them to put their p.j.'s on I told them we were going to have a pajama party. They were elated! They saw a Max and Ruby episode a while ago where they had a pajama party, so I knew just what they wanted...dancing. So we all put our pj's on and blasted bouncy Strawberry Shortcake soundtrack music from our DVD player with the surround sound on, of course. They loved it! I can't say that enough, and I had a lot of fun too. I can't tell you how long it has been that I have felt so carefree dancing with them and swinging them around. It was a beautiful moment that I hope to remember and thought I would share. Afterwards we played a quick game, read and prayed, and off to bed. Jessica was a little wound up and had a hard time going to bed, but the boys just crashed!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You sound like such a fun mom! I wouldn't have even thought of that.

Sarah said...

I'm definitely stealing this idea. We should do this with the kids sometime!