Tuesday, September 16, 2008

funny things kids say...

I have three little ones, so I am used to hearing them try to tell me what they want, what to do, and how to (or not to) do things. This is a funny exchange we had the other day. Mind you, they haven't watched Blue's Clues for quite some time. We were playing "I spy with my little eye", and it was Joshua's turn. He spied something pink, but after guessing what I thought was every pink thing in the room, I said:

Mom: I don't see anything else pink, dude. Tell me, I give up.
Jessica: No, Mom. Don't give up. Remember, Blue's Clues says "Don't give up, just move on."

It is a line out of a song off of Blues Clues that she hasn't watched in a long time. The funniest thing was that she was soooo serious about it. I just laughed! Nothing like getting advice from your four year old that she got from a TV show! :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha Ha! We say that to Emma all the time! And then she starts singing the song.....and then we have to watch the movie shortly after! That is too cute!

Jenn said...

Heheheh, that's pretty funny!! And I'm glad I'm not the only parent who says "dude" to their kid...

Jenn said...

In all my laughter I didn't catch what ended up being pink...what was it??

Unknown said...

Sorry, Jenn, I can not end your suspense! We never got it out of him what was pink. My theory...there was never anything picked out to be pink in the first place! Sometimes I think he just answers "no" to our guesses until he feels like saying "yes" or until he likes that guess the best!

Jenn said...

Hey, where are you? You haven't posted in a while.