Monday, April 21, 2008

poop breath

Warning: If the topic of poop bothers you, I would suggest you refrain from reading the following entry!!! Poop breath. Yes, you read it right. And I am not talking about when you smell someone's breath and that is what you think it stinks like. No, I am going to talk about the literal poop breath! Let's start at the beginning. Today started out as a great day. I got up early, made plans for the day and the week, got the laundry going full speed, the kids slept in, got myself ready and looking good...sounds like a great day right? The kids were content watching some cartoons and I was having a great day. I even took a time out to read the scriptures when the yuckiness began. I was almost done reading when I heard, "Mom, Noah is eating my poop," called out nonchalantly by my 3 year old daughter. What? I go running in to find that my daughter has unfortunately pooped her pants and I see a pebble on the ground and Noah right under her feet. I quickly scoop him up and at first I don't see anything. "Quick save," I thought. I take him to give him a wipe down anyway and then I discover it. Poop drool all over his shirt. By now of course I am madly searching his mouth and pulling out all the "goodies" stuck to the roof of his mouth! GROSS! I think one of the worst though was the breath! His toothbrush is officially trash in my mind. I called my mother in law and the doctor to give me peace of mind. The doctor's office said that since it was his sister the worst that would happen is that he would throw up, so just give him liquids to try to wash it on through. He seems to be unaffected, so far. Anyway, everything and everyone got all cleaned up and we are now doing good. Even mommy has calmed down quite a bit. I hope this wasn't too graphic for you and I hope that this never happens to anyone else that happens to read this. :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh WOW!! I think you have definitely outdone me in the poop area (and we have had a LOT of poop)! I am laughing though...

Robyn said...

You gotta love kids!

PS--Christi, you haven't changed in 8 years! (OK, your hair is a bit longer, but you look great!)