Tuesday, December 9, 2008

holiday tag

Holiday Tag

I have never done a tag, but I saw this on a family site and thought it would be fun to do.


1.Eggnog or Hot Chocolate: Eggnog definitely. I love hot chocolate too, but the heartburn it brings me leaves me saying "no thanks."

2.Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Who is Santa? We try to stay away from that sort of stuff. We have fun looking at the Santa decorations in the store, but our kids don't send letters and we don't label any presents from him either. I guess we are party poopers! :)

3.Colored or white lights on tree and house? White lights on the tree.

4.Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5.When do you put your decorations up? Usually right after Thanksgiving or around December 1st.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Who can pick just one favorite? I love them all. I think I look forward to buttermilk pie and all the fruity jello type salads. I am also on a huge cranberry kick!

7.Favorite holiday memory as a child: I don't know.

8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I kept finding my letters to Santa around the house from years past and realized they never got sent.

9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Always. I love getting a little preview of the fun to come.

10.How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We use small white lights, red and green glass bulbs, and ribbon bows. We also buy each child an ornament for every Christmas and so far we are still hanging them on the tree (eventually we will save them for when they have their own tree.

11.Snow. Love it? or Dread it? Love it as long as I don't have to drive in it!

12.Can you ice skate? Yes. Although I am pretty pitiful at it.

13.Do you remember your favorite gift? My favorite gift is just a funny one. Hopefully Joe won't be mad at me for sharing this. Before we got married we had been dating for a while and so we exchanged Christmas gifts. One of the gifts he got me was a set of bath towels. Bless his heart, I thought it was so odd and funny. He just explained that he had noticed when using the bathroom at my apartment one time, that I did not have a lot of towels and thought it was a practical gift. Growing up as an only child, you don't need a lot of towels. But in a family of twelve kids he was used to there being a lot of them! hahaha. I still think it is funny. Even though I didn't mean to, I know I must've made a funny face.

14.What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Probably being with family.

15.What is your favorite holiday dessert? I love all desserts...can't pick just one.

16.What is your favorite holiday tradition? It is hard to pick just one but I love having sour cream coffee cake on Christmas morning. My family always made us eat breakfast first and then open presents. Breakfast couldn't go fast enough when I was a child, but I love it now. We also go slow and take turns opening presents one at a time.

17.What tops your tree? A simple gold star.

18.Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I really like giving someone something and seeing them enjoy it.

19.What is your favorite Christmas song? That is a tough one. Anything from O Holy Night, Away in a Manger, Jingle Bell Rock...

20.Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? Yum.

3 comments:

jakeanddeana said...

Your blog is darling! I love the favorite gift story! That is so funny -- I am sure that your expression was priceless, but I think I would have responded the same way!

Sara said...

I almost changed my background to what you have now. Good taste. It was nice reading more about you. See ya Friday.

Jenn said...

What?!? No Santa (shaking my head)!?

I've been tagged with this and another one...so you'll get my answers shortly.